Monday, October 20, 2008

A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place

from a past posting...
In my bible study today ( a woman's heart, god's dwelling place by Beth Moore), it asked me about what I deliberately avoid for the sake of purity and how others know that I am set apart to God?

Wow, that is food for thought for me.

I instantly thought..well, I avoid television....
There are so many other things that I should be avoiding though. I should be avoiding gossip in any way, shape, or form. I should be avoiding anything at all that challenges my integrity~ my witness. Many books, magazines, the newspaper, laziness..... This study has made me aware that lots of things challenge the purity and integrity I am called to uphold as I child of God.

Being set apart to God? How do people know that about me? This is an area I have much work to do. If I cannot answer this with a solid statement, do I stand apart? I have been told that you cannot conquer what you tolerate. I am working to ensure that my actions and my comments set me apart. I think it goes back to what I discussed earlier about being authentic. For me, much of my faith is shown in my actions. What does set me apart? It has been said that there is no greater validity to being a Christian than a changed life.

"People remain the same, until the pain of remaining the same outweighs the pain of change."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous17:39

    I did a Beth Moore bible study at church, she is an amazing christian. She explains things so well, and quite honestly I never liked or understood the Old Testament until I started listening to her and reading her books. She is a Women after God's own Heart.
    Love, Sandy

    ReplyDelete