Wednesday, April 09, 2008

creative writing assignment...

This is a letter I wrote while doing some "creative writing" . I was supposed to be writing an essay about having died.... what would I have wanted to tell those I left behind.
I thought this blog and would be a perfect avenue to tell you all right NOW, what I would have wished I had said before departing.


To my wonderful family and friends,
I know where I am going and for this I am glad. So many people have had direct influence on my ability to reach the ultimate destination. The one that sealed my eternity though, was Jesus.

Many of you know Him, many of you know OF Him. I am imploring with all of you to make it your top priority to develop a relationship with Him. Don’t wait until you die to learn how you should have lived. As Jim Elliott said, “He is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose.”

I spent so much of my life being afraid of what others would think or say… of being ridiculed. There is nothing anyone can say or do that will affect your life more than accepting Jesus as your own personal savior. Now, from beyond, let me tell you how thankful I am that God never gives up on us. He holds nothing against us. Once we confess our sin and ask for forgiveness, it is done! You have nothing to prove to God. He already knows all you have done… good and bad. There is no hiding, no amount of wrong doing. No sin is great enough that would turn his back on you. Sin is sin, a lie, speeding, cheating, and even taking a life. They hold the same weight in God’s eye. To have you in his fold though, that is more important to Him than anything.

The bible, God’s word tells us of amazing things yet to come. We have only been exposed to a small fraction of what truly awaits us. Don’t risk not getting to enjoy it all. Don’t sacrifice your soul for earthly pleasures. I want to see you again. I want to laugh and touch your arm, see your smile.. I want to share a life with you where there are no deadlines, no worries, and no pain.

There is so much I need to say, so much I want you to know. But there is nothing more crucial I can share with you than to open your bible, read God’s word, pray…and ask Jesus into your heart. Confess your sins, ALLOW them to be forgiven, accept your eternal life. Continue this relationship regardless of anything else.

Not sure how to maintain it? Do it just like any other relationship. God wants nothing more from you than you would want out of a relationship. No one knows how long they are going to remain alive here on earth. Ask God for the strength and wisdom to help you live wisely. Seek His will; be convicted through His spirit of your sins…..

Keep your eye on the prize and be ready upon leaving this earth to hear your heavenly father say, “Well done my good and faithful servant, come in…come in!”

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous17:23

    Michelle,
    You are going to find several comments from me today because I have finally had time to read all you have written. I am so thankful to have you as my family, I know that you know that you know. I remember the time in my life when I really got it, not the religion part (man's version) but the relationship part. Until you get the relationship part the rest just doesn't make good sense. You mentioned Jim Elliott, he and the other missionaries were men after God's own Heart, for real. When they went to Ecudor and tried to reach the Huaorani Indian tribe all of whom knew nothing but killing it was amazing. I read that Jim and the others had guns but because they knew if they killed them that they would NOT go to Heaven they allowed them to spear them to death because they knew they themselves were Christians. That struck my heart like nothing else I had ever heard. They actually lived this verse.
    John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
    God is always in control, they did not die in vein, their wives and family went on to bring that tribe to Christ. God is so Awesome
    Love, Sandy

    ReplyDelete