Thursday, November 29, 2007

"Jesus Wept"

I really wanted to write something tonight... but now I feel blank.

I am feeling somewhat out of sorts and a little awkward about some things in this world. I know God is good, and he does all according to His purpose,and it is for good as well.... but sometimes I feel sad about stuff that is going on. I have felt that way today.

Somebody decided life was more than they could bear, and so a tragedy occurred today. A tragic tragedy, and it makes me sad. I have prayed a bunch about it today. At one point I was just totally stopped in my tracks and an overwhelming need to pray for this family fell upon me. I have to have faith that God will hear my cry and wrap them in His arms. I have to have faith that good will overcome evil. But even sitting here right now, I can't make my tears stop. Even though I trust God, I am overwhelmed with sadness. Not only for them, but for all who suffer...who have had the grief of a broken heart. I know that I have been there. It seems things will never again be normal when you are at that spot.

You know what was amazing about today though ? I came home and the devotion for today was titled, Christ grieves with Us. It spoke of John 11:35 "Jesus wept". It goes on to say that "Those two words are full of rich meaning. It's comforting to know that our Savior has such a tender heart. When we are at our lowest, Christ sits with us, holds us, and weeps with us."

Even though I still feel sad, I feel better. I feel better not only that God gave me this verse today of all days...but I especially feel renewed to know that Jesus wept...he understands. The pain of others loss was felt by Him, and he displayed it openly to them, He grieved with them. He did not stay in His grief, but he certainly allowed it.
Take a moment today and reach out to those who are suffering... say a prayer for those who are hurting, say a prayer for this family...lift them up to the One who understands pain and suffering more than all of us, to the One who grieves with us..... and let Him calm their heart. I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment