Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Blessings for the New Year!!

I am so excited about the upcoming year! I plan to make it the best I have ever had as an individual, as a wife, as a mom, as a friend....as a child of God. I feel the best I have ever felt going into a new year! I am so excited about what God may have in store for me and my family! I feel peace in my soul, my heart is light, and my desire to serve is greater than ever!

One of the things this past year has shown me more than anything at all, is how good God truly is and what an amazing difference He truly can make in your life. Even though trials have come my way... and they have threatened to knock me flat~ God has seen me through and given me even more confidence and good than the trial tried to take away. Everything isn't perfect, but I can deal with everything. I don't find myself sinking into a pit like I may have (and did) a few years ago. I can see past RIGHT NOW. I have hope for my future. I have faith in the promises that have been made to me!

Some people have a hard time believing that merely asking Jesus into your heart, can make such a huge difference in your life...but I tell you, it does! It doesn't happen over night. In time though, as you draw closer and establish the relationship offered freely to all of us.... God will lay it upon your heart to make changes.
The changes will vary in all of us depending upon what it is in your life that needs changing. It may just be your thought process. It may be much deeper. I know that I had a lot of changes to make. Many I did not even know about until after I committed my life to Him. I used to basically make fun of people telling me that God had changed their heart. I would think... "yikes!, great..another religious nut I am going to have to listen to." I am sure God was having His own laugh at me!
Then, it began happening to me.

He changes your heart, trust me. He changes your thoughts, your convictions, your vision, your ability to just love even when you don't want to. He makes changes, oh wow~~ how he makes changes.

Thanks to each and everyone of you who have been a part of this whole process while He has been changing me. Here is to the best year yet! May we all strive to be under God's will... God's plan for our lives. This year may be the last, this DAY may be the last~~
I want to live with no regrets. I hope you will join me. Have a Blessed New Year! xoxo M

No comments:

Post a Comment