Saturday, January 05, 2008

Who are you Hanging out With?

Today I had the privilege to spend time with one of my children. What a blessing to take the day and just hang out. Sure, there was plenty for me to do otherwise... but none of those things could have left me with the feelings I have this evening after I spent the entire day "hanging" with him.

I love getting reconnected with my kids after having some time apart. I miss them being here 24/7. I never thought the days would come again, when I could just do anything I wanted. Having two children barley more than a year apart took alot. Now, that those growing up years have passed... it seems it was all way too fast. I have all the time in the world to do what I want, the thing is~~ that is not what I want anymore.

I was writing in my prayer journal a little bit ago, and it occurred to me how God must feel when we spend our time with Him. When we give Him our undivided attention. It has to be something real close to what I felt today with my own child. Everything just seems right in the world when the people you love are doing well and your relationship with them is flourishing. I was thinking how God must just smile when we pray, or when we read His word...or serve Him in any way. What warmth it must bring to His heart. What a longing He has for His children, All of his children....but perhaps mostly for the one that is gone astray. The one that doesn't visit anymore. I can only believe that as much as each of us having a relationship makes Him feel, it makes Him even more desire one with those that have not accepted Him into their lives. Any parent wants to know that their child is well and things are looking great for their future. Why would God be any different? I think He really misses us horribly when we go our own way. I think it breaks His heart and when we don't talk to Him, when we don't listen to Him. I would imagine this to be twice as tough when we claim to have Him as our Lord, and yet don't show that by anything we do. As a parent though, I also know.... no matter what, His love will not leave. When we make the decision to do what is right, when we re-establish the relationship~ He is going to be there, with open arms.

Go to your Creator tonight... tell Him that you have missed Him. Catch back up with one another. Allow Him to wrap you up in His arms and to just love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment