Monday, October 13, 2008

I have a desire to share my faith, yet I feel so inadequate to do it. I know that God will give me strength.. that He will give me the words, but even knowing this, I struggle. I don't want to struggle, I want to be a shining light, I want to bring others to the joy I have.

My life has been such a wonderful blessing since I accepted Christ, and quit trying to live "my" way. Why should that be hard to share? I think one of the biggest hurdles for me, is the fear of pushing people away. I don't want to force anything on anyone. I don't believe that it is the way to go about things, nor would God want us to. It goes too far for me though, I worry about making the person feel out of place..uncomfortable. So I just keep quiet, and that is totally wrong as well!

I know before I was a Christian, really the last thing I wanted was to have someone hound me about God and Jesus. I would find myself avoiding these people. Even though I avoided them, I also did want to learn more. I wanted to learn more at my level, not theirs. Where is that middle ground? How do we approach someone we love, in a non-threatening way and share the good news with them? I know I have to do it in love. I know I have to do it in good faith with a willing heart. I have to trust God. I have to talk to God about it, I have to listen to his prompting and act upon it.

I try to live by example, I try to let my actions reveal my heart and my beliefs. I want to be easy to approach. I don't do this perfectly. I pray everyday for God's insight, his wisdom... I asked to be filled with the Holy Spirit and led by it. I don't want to push anyone, yet I don't want to leave anyone behind. I also want to do what God desires of me, and leading others to him is a big responsibility of mine. Where is the middle? How do I do this?

Does anyone else have a desire to share your faith, but you don't know how? Anyone have advice? A book to share? A study to do? Please leave me a comment with some advice. Anonymous post are welcome :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment