Thursday, April 30, 2009

Prevenient Grace

I mentioned earlier about Prevenient Grace. That was a new term to me not so long ago. The basic definition of Prevenient Grace is that God is present with us throughout our lives.

Even when we have no plan, God does. Jeremiah 1:5 tells us that God knew us even before he formed us in the womb.

He pursues us throughout our life. He prepares us for circumstances that we will endure. As you go through life doing your "own thing" you will more than likely will feel this yearning for something more... That is God pursuing you.

Someone once told me, "No one can limit you, when the grace of God goes before you." I believe that. Now that I know about Prevenient Grace, I see it all over my life. In my parents, my friends, the Wednesday night church van that came through my neighborhood, small encounters with strangers, a job change, my husband, a place I had no plans of going....

There is only one thing in my life that I do not see the hand of God. I know He had to of been there. I know He certainly carried me through. But I am still struggling to have a clear picture of why. I realize that all things are not revealed to us. I have accepted it (still working on accepting it), and continue to move through it. I pray for the knowledge to comprehend. I believe that God will reveal it to me at the proper time. I have to patient, and know that I am surrounded by Prevenient Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment