Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Show your faith..don't shove it.

Am I brainwashed by thinking that something that began less than 100 years ago cannot hold more weight than something that has history from the beginning of time?

What makes people believe what they believe? I got to thinking~ why do we spend more time defending our faith than showing our faith?

I want my relationship with my creator to reflect in my everyday life...I don't want to have to be all legalistic. I do not believe the Bible calls for us to be so. I think that it calls for us to love. More than anything else we can do for one another and to spread the word of Christ is to love.

There is so much division among people...people who have the same goal, uniting each other and bringing more love to the world.

I believe in one true God, the creator of the world. I believe he gave us free will. I believe that God gave us all a choice of how we would live our lives. It is not up to me to convince someone to believe what I believe. It is up to me however to share the good news of God's love. To have that love be unconditional, and pray for others. However, I have to leave it at that, and trust that the seed has been sown. Water as I am able and trust the harvest to God himself.

So I am going to stop defending my faith in a defensive way.... and instead show my faith in my actions and my words. I pray that God's will is done and all can see the peace and joy he gives so freely by how I live my life. I pray that they too will want the relationship with this God of mine. The one true God Almighty!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! We were just talking about this last night in my Pauline epistles course. My professor was giving his opinion that nowhere in the Bible does it say we supposed to force our opinion on others. We do not have the power to "make" disciples, only God has that power. Our job is to be willing vessels and just live a lifestyle that makes people stop and say "what do they have" It is all about lifestyle "evangelism"

    ReplyDelete