Saturday, November 03, 2007

I have spent some time this morning reading the blog of Sharon Gettelfinger. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sharongettelfinger I am sitting here with tears in my eyes.....both tears of joy and of sadness. I feel their pain, and yet I see their light so clearly. As I was reading the comments posted, I was just so in awe of Sharon and Gary's ability to be Jesus to so many. Even in her weakness and in her pain, she lets His light shine on. This was a total curve ball in their lives, and yet they are using it fully for God's glory. What a witness. What an inspiration. It makes my trials and tribulations pale. Can I even truly call them trials and tribulations? I think not. What a true legacy.

As Billye Emery wrote on that site ... from the song, Legacy ;

" ....but in the end I'd like to hang my hat on more besides the temporary trappings of this world.
I want to leave a Legacy / how will they remember me, did I choose to love / did I point to You enough to make a mark on things / I wanna leave an offering, a child of Mercy and Grace / who blessed Your name / unapologetically / and leave that kind of Legacy."

Wow~ I have a new focus today.


No comments:

Post a Comment