Saturday, November 24, 2007

Patience, hurry up, give it to me..I have to have it now!

I am reading three books right now, and another I want to start as soon as possible! Sometimes I struggle to keep them all straight. On top of this, I have my regular bible reading and my bible study group reading. I have such a desire to learn everything I can as quickly as I can.
This can be a real problem.

This is a real problem for me....PATIENCE. My husband pointed out to me that I have really got to work on my patience. I thought it odd for him to say that, when I was pretty sure I had patience. Other people told me I had patience. I felt like I had patience. I show patience to others..... I think the reason that I began thinking of all of the times I have had patience was due to a need to prove my patience to him. Of course, I HAD to do it all right at that moment.
(Wow, maybe I did need to work on it.)

I think in my desire to learn all I can, I am certainly not having patience with myself or with God. I am cramming all of this stuff... all of this info into my head, and not even giving it a chance to take hold. I don't even know which book told me this or which book told me that. With all of this information flying around, how can any of it find a place to call home and stay with me forever? I know little bits and pieces of many things, but I do not know the completeness of anything. These are things that need time to sink in to become a part of you, to become a practice, a way of life.

I don't even have the patience to finish one book before I start another. How can a person be so blind to their own to their own shortcomings?

No comments:

Post a Comment