Saturday, December 27, 2008

How Awesome is Prayer

The last couple of days have been full of mercy and grace! I am feeling very embraced in God's arms. I know people have been praying for us, and praying for my family. I want to thank you so much for that! It is amazing how you can seriously feel the love of God. It becomes so obvious that others are lifting you up.

I have a friend, who not too long ago was involved in a bike accident. She called me and asked for me to pray and for me to contact our church to pray. I did immediately. I spoke with her a few hours later, and she told me how this utter calmness just came over her. She knew that she was being prayed for. She could not believe the load lifted from her. It made a difference in her ability to cope at that moment.

I had never really had that exact feeling, but after the past few days, I have! How awesome to have so many people come together and pray specifically for another. Imagine the difference we could make in others lives by lifting them to God in prayer.

My niece does just this. She has a prayer collage. She has pasted pictures and written names of certain people she is praying for. Some prayers are continual, and some are special request, or circumstances. She prays over the entire thing, praying for each of them. It is pretty awesome. Another thing that I heard someone mention was to create a "prayer date book" You write in certain people's name or names on certain days, and then devote a special prayer to that person on that particular day. Depending on how many people you were praying for specifically, you could have a prayer collage for each day!

If we were all praying for our church leaders, political leaders, our co-workers, our families, our church families, our realtives, our neighbors, a person we don't get along with, a stranger we met in the store.... What a serious difference we could be making! If you are reading this right now, STOP..say a prayer for the first person that comes to your mind. Seriously do it.
We could be doing that hundreds of times a day! Thanks to all of you who have been praying for me. I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment