Tuesday, January 08, 2008

What's Changed?

From "Streaming Faith Devotionals"

To someone who wasn't sure what all changed when you become a new creation in Christ...because they couldn't SEE the difference in themselves when they looked in the mirror. written by Rev. Alan Riley

The truth is a lot changed, it just wasn't as readily apparent as he wanted it to be.

Here's what changed: God gave me a new heart. I found it a whole lot easier to be patient and forgiving with people because I was now aware that I had been forgiven.
He gave me new desires. I found myself wanting to spend time with Him in prayer, to study His word, and to hang out with other followers of Jesus.
He gave me a sense of meaning and purpose. As I began walking with Christ and growing in him, I began to realize that He did indeed love me and have a plan for my life. The thing about plans is that they are more apparent after they've been realized. Looking back, I clearly see His leadership, guidance and protection over my life since that day.
He gave me a new destination. I was a good kid before I came to know Christ. I never beat anyone up, committed a crime or hung around with hoodlums. But there are lots of good people in hell because they depended on their good works to get them into heaven. After I came to know Him, my eternal destination was heaven.

When you come to faith in Christ, God makes you new from the inside out, where it really counts. You might look the same, but you are not the same person. All things are new!

I can attest to that!! God Bless, I pray for your heart to be opened to
these truths. The worse thing that can happen is to not even bother finding out if it is true. Research it for yourself, do your own little experiment ! xoxo M

No comments:

Post a Comment