Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Make it a Goal..to Ensure Eternal Life

HI ! I arrived yesterday in Tuscon, it is awesome, beautiful, cool (like "neato" cool, not cool cool),.... We have been very busy learning, learning, learning!! Not alot of down time, and not very good wireless access so far. Bear with me if this cuts me off in mid post!!
I posted an email below that I received from my nephew and niece. I would appreciate you guys reading it and praying for them and considering to assist financially in any way God leads you.

I finally got to attend my church yesterday! I was so glad! I enjoyed the church I went to with my mother -in-law while she was unable to drive, but it just isn't the same as fellowship with people you have made relationships with at your home church...people you have prayed with, prayed for, and who have prayed for you. I have had a great time visiting Owen Valley Christian Fellowship! I loved there services! I hope to implement some of their style into our own services. I loved how friendly everyone was & seeing the many smiling faces. I'll have to say that if I did not have a home church, I would certainly attend there! I am glad to be back "home" again :-)

One thing this past Sunday that really stood out in my mind that our pastor talked about was, ( not quoting.. just summing it up) when I see what extremes people will go to, to ensure they have more time left here on this earth in their earthly body~ what they sacrifice for a life that will end in a few years no matter what... I wonder what they will do to ensure that they are going to eternity? He talked about the guy that broke and cut off his own arm to ensure escape from being trapped under a boulder. How hard it was, yet necessary to ensure that life did not end there on that mountain top.

What would you do to ensure your life eternal? Are you doing it, are you thinking about it, are you acting upon it?

No comments:

Post a Comment