Friday, May 02, 2008

The Veil


In our women's study we have been learning intimately about the tabernacle. I would have never really thought in a million years it would keep my interest. I stand here today and tell you (ok, sit and type), It has been amazing! I am sure that much of it has to do with Beth Moore and her ability to just pull me in. I am also sure that having my mind open to learning and understanding the word has benefited me greatly! But WOW! I love being able to see & connect all these things in the bible now and have much more clarity about them. The veil~ I never thought much of the word...something a bride wears, right? The significance of what I have learned of the veil will enable me to never look at that word the same again.

I was reading II Corinthians today, and it mentions the veil quite a bit. A veil is clearly a separation (from what I have learned in my study). II Corinthians talks about our hearts being covered with a veil.. our minds being covered with a veil. I think the people in Corinth were set so much on the LAW, they made it hard to remove the veil. They were so caught up in the law, they forgot all about the unveiling (Christ death), they forgot about grace and the one who came so that we might receive it. God wants our hearts and minds to be unveiled... and to bask in His glory.
ddddddddddSoak it in, radiate it out.
We have got to keep pressing on toward better behavior, no doubt.... I think Paul is clearly telling us to stop being "religious" and "legalistic". Remove the veil, remove the condemnation~ The veil is torn~ from top to bottom, He wants us to enter in just as we are. We must be unveiled to begin this relationship and to maintain it. You cannot veil yourself from God. Just be you. Don't make things complicated, keep it simple. Keep it true. When the veil is gone, that is when you will really see God and the grace of God. Yep, the new testament really is the old testament revealed... Beth Moore is right again!

No comments:

Post a Comment