Sunday, July 06, 2008

Sometimes I forget this...

Philippians 4:6 (New International Version)
6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Philippians 4:6 (Amplified Bible)
6Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition ([a]definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.

Philippians 4:6 (New King James Version)
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

Philippians 4:6 (Worldwide English (New Testament))
6Do not worry about anything. Talk to God about everything. Thank him for what you have. Ask him for what you need.


Lately my heart has been hurting over various things. Instead of taking these hurts to God and seeking peace and healing...instead of giving thanksgiving... instead of trusting that God does know what is best~ I have taken it upon myself to make those decisions and assumptions.

It really isn't working out too well for me. We make the choice of what leads us. It can be the Holy Spirit, or it can be the flesh. Sometimes you have to struggle, you have to endure and respond with love, as Christ would. Wrestling with God causes upheavel, not peace. I don't want to wrestle anymore. I am ready to lay flat out on my back, shoulders down, pinned to His will. Sometimes it is so hard to just surrender and have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment