Monday, July 07, 2008

Be still and know that I am God Pslams 46:10

1 Corinthians 13:12 "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully know."

There are times when circumstances don't add up. There are times when things don't make sense. This is the Christian life no one tells you about, so you may not realize it exist. It does exist, for a purpose we may not know just yet. Don't allow it to let you fall flat on your face. Remember what He tells us in Romans 8:28, "...works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

Isaiah 41:10 tells us that "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

I have found myself letting my thoughts wither my spirit. I have been filled with confusion. "If only it all made sense.." I tell myself. Then maybe I could bear the results.
I have found myself disillusioned with God. The thing is, God hasn't changed. He has proven himself over and over again. I lost my connection and allowed myself to think He didn't care, that suddenly he was some other God.
I put expectations on God, unrealistic and unfounded expectations. Perhaps this has been a test of my faith, though I don't feel that God would just single me out and punish me... sometimes our faith does need refined.

Faith has been defined as the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. I have not been cut from the vine, I have located the peace within my soul and I will keep the faith. God is faithful. One day we will see clearly. One day we will all be accountable for this life we live. Psalms 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God."

No comments:

Post a Comment