Saturday, July 26, 2008

We rise and we fall and we rise again

"Search me O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me,and lead me into the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

I saw this scripture today, and just had to STOP. Is this part of what had been going on with me? Have I asked God to do this and then decided that due to my own request, now, He couldn't exist for doing it?

I am told that the desire for a different life doesn't appear out of thin area. You can wait around and long for this, or you can keep company with the One who delivers it. You wouldn't want more of God if the Holy Spirit wasn't seeking/pursing you. And....You know what, I have come to believe that the Spirit starts pursuing you when you start going astray. Sometimes you have to be slapped in the face to get your attention again.

When you find yourself somewhere out there, When nothing seems to be going the right way and you are stuck in this land of frustration.... You have to take this as an opportunity to draw closer. Look at it as an opportunity to grow and learn and become stronger and deeper in your faith. It may not seem like that at first. It may seem completely the opposite. Burning the candle at both ends though can burn out the soul as well as the body. Maybe you need to STOP, take inventory and reconnect. Acts 2:42

No comments:

Post a Comment