Friday, October 03, 2008

Today's Prayer

After writing in this last night.. I found true contentment in this prayer I came across today;

Father, Thank you again today for the truth of your word. Lord, I've learned by expericence that hearing your word is not enough. I know I need to act on your word. It's doing what it says that brings results! Lord, don't let me decieve myself today into thinking that I am changed because of what I have read. Let me be changed because of what I do in response to what I have read. Let my home, my place of work and my life this week be filled with contentment.

Lord, I do have enough--- I have you. I have your promises. I have your faithfulness. I have your strength and wisdom to pursue change in the hurtful areas of my life. I know I can trust you with my burdens. Forgive me for thinking that my happiness is in anything external. Help me to embrace the truth that, godliness with contentment is great gain. All that I pray, I pray in the name of Jesus, who is my ulitmate example of true contentment. Amen (by James MacDonald)

No comments:

Post a Comment