Sunday, January 18, 2009

He gives strength

Today I got some crazy news about a person who is dear to me. This wonderful sweet person, who has spent her life taking care of others and offering comfort.... Her time has come to be on the receiving end. Perhaps it will be a challenge for her to go from the comforter to the comfortee.

She is a true example of how God would want his children to live. I think that is why I am struggling right now to understand everything. I know that God has all intentions of using all things for our good and the good of others... I do know that, and I believe~ my heart struggles today to fully acknowledge it though.


I want to know what say and how. I have so many times seen her on the other end of this. She has in fact been on the other end for me myself. I have been astonished at her compassion and caring heart.


Philippians 4:16 tells us " Do not fret or have anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving make your wants known to God.


This is my prayer today. I pray that God wraps himself around you my friend, and just holds you...until you can stand on your own again. I pray for his mighty hand upon you. I pray for the power of his healing. I pray for the outpouring of strength and endurance upon you. I pray for his grace to overwhelm you. I pray for his favor and peace to surround you.


I am wondering why.... I don't understand, and I know that I am not suppose to understand everything. It doesn't make any easier to just accept though. I do know however, that God will carry us through. He is right where he always has been, and will be. He has been where we are. He has hurt, he has grieved. He never moves.


Isaiah 40

29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment