Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The little things

I have waited a little while to comment on this, as I have been unsure of what to say.... A lady that I have been working with for the past few months lost her husband just recently. Very tragic accident at his workplace. I never met him, but have heard wonderful things about him. Great wonderful family man /husband/father/brother/son/friend. I went to pay my respects to this fine Christain gentleman, Tim McCammon. I was so uplifted by the many that came to honor him and to support her and their children. It brought tears to my eyes to see the people pouring out of the building..wrapping around it on all sides..just waiting to pay respects to this family. The whole entire day was like that, as well as the evening, and into the night. From what I hear until close to midnight people came from near and far. I believe it was close to three hours before I had the honor to give my support to this family. Though it was overwhelming~ sad and so hard to comprehend~ how amazing to see what a great testimony to God this family continued to give to each and everyone of us who came. How any of them were still standing, was by God's mighty hand..and they were not hesitant to tell you so.
I find myself thinking about Tim and DeAnna all the time. Little things especially make me stop. We take so much for granted each day. Especially the little things we have come to expect. I am thankful that they will all be together again, but I still think about NOW. How do you just go on? What a heaviness on your heart to just have your life turned upside down.
I have prayed countless prayers for this family, and I want to ask you to do the same. Lift them up, pray for their strength, encouragement, tenacity... Pray for God to wrap them tightly and keep them close. Bless them. I pray that through this tragedy, triumph comes. I pray for someone who knew Tim or maybe who didn't even know him, to see the example of his life. To let it make an impact on their own lives, that they too can be a representative of Christ. We know that God does all things for good, for He himself tells us so. He also tells us that it will not all be revealed to us until it is time. He does have a plan. He wants you in it. From what I understand, so did Tim. Let us honor him in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment