Sunday, August 02, 2009

August 1,2009 Creation Museum

Yesterday we went to the Creation Museum with Bill and Teresa. It was VERY crowded. It was exciting though to see how many people wanted to spend their weekend learning more about God's word. There were a huge variety of people and that made it even cooler.
LOTS of exhibits. The surroundings of each exhibit were so life-like that sometimes you had to really think about if it was real or fake. There was a lot of information. For the amount of people that were there and the amount of information, it was a little bit overwhelming to absorb everything as we followed the crowds through. I did learn several interesting things that were new to me. I loved having science and religion on such a united front. I also felt amazed at how much faith it must take to not believe that there is a God. They made some very good points about that. Another of the things that I really appreciated was having the facts presented to me on both fronts.
I would highly recommend going, but not on a weekend if you can help it. Or, if you go on the weekend.. have an early lunch prior to going and then arrive around noon. You'll miss the craziness of eating there and I think miss alot of the crowds in the exhibits. I would also suggest going to their website and getting a listing of shows that are playing and special exhibits..so you can plan your day accordingly. The lines to see the shows/videos were pretty long waits. Average wait time was about 30 minutes sometimes longer. I am sure this had some to do with it being on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment