Thursday, August 13, 2009

Here comes Sunday!

Sunday~ I love Sunday because I love going to church! We were talking last week at our woman's bible study about sacrifice. Our study prompted us to reflect and discuss the sacrifices we make as a Christian. I was blank.

Then I sort of had to laugh inside, four or five years ago... I could have given you an unending list of sacrifices I would need to make to be a Christian. Actually I already considered myself a Christian, so I guess they would have been sacrifices made to attend church. Even getting up early would have been a huge sacrifice for me.

The amazing thing is, none of these things even matter anymore. The "sacrifices" are things I want to do, I desire to do. It is so true that allowing God into your life, establishing a personal relationship...changes your heart, your mind, your thoughts. It does not even take effort for the change. I never understood this before. I can't explain it now. It all has to do with GRACE.

I am not doing anything different in my life due to requirements... I am doing things different in my life due to a changed heart, changed desires. Then to top it all off, my life is so full of joy and peace and love~ more than it ever has been. It is like once I quit trying to find all of that on my own, it was just handed me to me. It is funny to me now, I seriously laugh out loud....

No comments:

Post a Comment