Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A month or so ago I went on the "Walk to Emmaus". I didn't really have any idea of what to expect, but I had been told that it would be a time for growth and renewal. I was all about that!

It was basically a retreat of sorts. We listened to several speakers and just chilled for the weekend. It was nice. There were many awesome things that happened during that weekend, that just put me so close to God. I hated the thought of leaving and having to face the "world" again. I had never had the chance to experience God one on one with nothing else to deter me from His presence. That was the main thing that made it hard to realize I had to go back into the world again.

However as the weekend progressed and I realized that if I stayed all hidden away... to savor in my own relationship and peace with God, then it may cause someone else to totally miss that opportunity altogether. It totally reminded me of the song, "This Little Light of Mine". Sometimes it is easy to forget that we may be the only Jesus that someone else sees. That is why our witness is so important on a day to day basis. I wrote the quote earlier; "Out of 100 people, 1 will read the Bible.... the other 99 will read the Christian." (DL Moody) Though it seems much easier to stay up on the hill~ all safe and tucked away, in reality~ that would be the worse thing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment