Thursday, May 01, 2008

my purpose????

It has been almost two years ago now that I embarked upon this journey of figuring out "what my purpose is". I had heard a lot about it...but never bothered to venture out and figure it out for myself. I was brand new to having a relationship with God. Though I had been a "Christian" for twenty something years.... I had never given it all over and truly invited Jesus into my heart. I was just going through the motions before~~ It had been suggested to me to start a prayer journal to help me visualize what God's purpose was for me, and for me to thus...discover my life purpose. I plan to post those beginning conversations here as I get this blog up and running.

I never really attended church a a child. I knew and believed there was a heaven, a mighty God...but as far as His love for me... a personal relationship with Christ, the sacrifice made..... I had no clue.

Thankfully, God does not care about what has happened in my past, or my lack of knowledge to His word. He has pursued me, for me....and that was His only motive. He has been following me around all my life... just waiting for me to grab ahold! Many obstacles have been in my way, most self imposed. I think the biggest obstacle though, for me was just surrendering. Right where I was in my life, with all my bad habits ~ It took me a long time to realize that I could never be what I was designed to be by trying to do it all on my own. Having taken God on as my partner...my lifeline, it is all falling into place. It is so much easier too. Instead of allowing the obstacles to put up roadblocks that stop me, I am able to climb over the obstacles, and reach the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment