Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A process....

I was baptized nearly 20 years ago. That saddens me. It saddens me because I realize now that I did it out of a legalism thing, instead of out of my heart. It was what I was supposed to do.

I went to church regularly during that time of my life, but I never had a relationship with Christ. I never even knew there was any difference in going to church, and having a relationship. I know now that LOTS of people go to church, not half as many have a relationship .... I was one of them, for a long time. I eventually quit going to church (probably due to lack of relationship). The really scary saddest part of all is that I taught Sunday school... I helped with the youth, I taught at vacation bible school. I went to church Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night.... Yet I knew nothing. NOTHING. I was not a Christian in the Bible sense of the word. I was a Christian in the worldly sense of the word...if that makes sense. The honest truth is, I had no idea I was a "fake".

If you knew me then, forgive me for making claims I knew nothing about. Forgive me for being such a poor example. I was doing the best I could with what knowledge I had. Thank God that He lingered around me...He never gave up. He is revealing himself and His word to me continuously. It is a process. I am loving the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment