Monday, November 12, 2007

complacency vs conviction

During Sunday school it was mentioned that we should be "living with the end in mind". This is something we should be doing every single day. Not in a morbid sense of the word, but living for eternity.

I have had various things happen in my life in the last month or two. These things have worked to show me that I am not living with the end in mind... I am living with Michelle in mind. I can give tons of excuses as to why I did this or that, but ultimately, when the end is here~ when I stand before the throne of God, none of those excuses are going to amount to hill of beans! Lots of my excuses are to protect others (so I claim) . IE: I didn't want to hurt their feelings... so I listened to the gossip...

Today I was walking into work and praying along the way that God would fill me with His Spirit to overcome these situations. Even if I have to hurt someones feelings...It is up to me to set the boundaries. I cannot be complacent any longer. I want to replace my complanceny with conviction. I want to know at the end of my day that I did the best I could. I want to be assured that if tomorrow never comes, it is all going to be alright. I want to leave behind the things in my life that are eternally useless. I want to be the person God created me to be. I seriously doubt that God will take into account that my intentions were good. He is going to be viewing my actions (if they are heartfelt). Intentions get you no where. I want what is in my heart, to be in my mind, to be in my words, to be in my actions, to be my life. I can't do it...as our pastor said yesterday, we don't have the will power, but through God..through the cross ~~ we can overcome the flesh. Read Romans 12

No comments:

Post a Comment