Saturday, November 17, 2007

Walking with the Spirit

Galatians 5:16 " So I say, walk and live [habitually] in the [Holy] Spirit [responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit] ; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh (of human nature without God). Amplified version

As easy as what it is, I fail to ask each day for the anointing of the Spirit. I fail to ask for the Spirit to be poured into me and for Him to be in control of my thoughts, my actions, my wants and needs...... God gave ( just gave out of love) the Holy Spirit to us. His only intentions in this were to benefit us, and yet we fail to claim that benefit. If each of us woke up every morning, and before our feet hit the floor.... we offered up a prayer and in doing so, asked to be anointed with the Holy Spirit, to be filled with His presence~~ I cannot even imagine what our days would be like. Then again, sometimes we do just this, and fail to listen to what He is telling us.

Have you ever been in a conversation and begin to feel "uncomfortable"? I have. I don't always heed the advice I am being given...to turn that conversation around, or to end it, or to speak up!! This happens in all sorts of daily things. Maybe your thoughts... your actions, your purchases. If you are having a nagging feeling or something just doesn't seem right LISTEN, Part of being led by the Spirit is recognizing the Spirit and then heeding the info given. The more you do it, the more you recognize it, the more you are truly walking as Christ would have you walk.

Sometimes when I am unsure, or maybe even just trying to "get by" with something.... I will hear the verse from Luke 16:10 creep into my head, ...Unless you can be trusted in small matters, you won't be trusted in large ones ~ I think about this almost every morning when I pull into the parking garage at work. Most of the time I am running late. If I parked on the gound floor or the first floor, I know I could clock in on time. However, the rules of the hospital are that you MUST park on the fourth floor if you are an employee.
I contemplate. I think, who will know? I see tons of other employees parked anywhere they want.... Why shouldn't I? Apparently the security staff does not check... Thankfully for me, I have hidden this verse in my heart (God knew I would need it), and I remind myself that if I cannot be trusted to park where I am suppose to, how can I be trusted in anything at all? As I continue to drive through the garage..up, up, up.... I just repeat the verse in my head. It really isn't anyones fault but my own that I am running late anyway. If parking in the right spot is going to gain God's trust in me for bigger things.............. what a fool I would be to not listen and walk with His Spirit's guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment