Friday, January 25, 2008

Billy Joe Hicks

I received news last night of the passing of Billy Hicks. He is my niece's uncle. He was more than that to her..... he was like her dad~ he was alot of everything!

He was this super nice wonderful guy. A loving father, devoted husband, all around awesome human being.
He was perfectly fine on Monday, Tuesday...woke up with flu like symptoms... and later that day passed away.

I can't sleep. I keep thinking about them. I keep thinking about all of us.

I worry about saying stuff sometimes, I don't want anyone to think I am a nut or anything... then something like this happens, and it shows me that it doesn't really matter what people think. For the very fact that I love everyone of you~ I am telling you that you need to make sure that your life is right with God. None of us know the moment that He will call. What better example than the passing of Billy. A man in the prime of his life. A good man, an excellent man, a dedicated man, with a loving family...

I love all of you guys so much, I never want to be without you. Thankfully, God gives us that option. I am living proof of a life being in shambles, and God bringing peace and fixing it all. I just want to put that out there.

I woke up about Three this morning, and have been prompted to be praying for the the loss of Billy and for all of our family. It is now a little after four. I had no plans of writing anything, but I think God wanted more than my silent prayers.

See below for info on services.


Billy Joe Hicks 43,

Indianapolis, died January 22, 2008. Billy was born to the late Willie and Patricia Hicks on April 23, 1964. He worked at Poindexter Excavating, Inc. for 21 years as an estimator.

Billy is survived by his wife, Marla; a daughter, Amanda Hicks; granddaughter, Caitlin Hicks;

brothers, Jacky Hicks and Willie (Jennifer) Hicks; sisters, Diana Ahlgrim, Donna Hicks, Lisa (Mark) Smith, and Melissa Hicks;
nieces, Erin ( Jon), Emily, Shelby, Shayna, and Sydney; nephews, Eric, Matthew, Frederick, Ethan, and Jacob;
mother and father-in-law, Darleen and Charles Campbell; and sisters-in-law, Sondra Kramer, Laura Montgomery, and Debbie Wolfarth.
He was preceded in death by his parents and brothers-in-law, Greg Ahlgrim and Dale Wolfarth.

Services will be Saturday, January 26, 2008 at noon at Legacy Funeral Center, where friends may call from 10 a.m. until service time. Burial will be at Memorial Park Cemetery.

No comments:

Post a Comment