Saturday, January 26, 2008

It's not about ME

Isaiah 44:2 " I am your creator. You were in my care even before you were born." No birth is by mistake or mishap. God custom made you. He determined your talents, He designed your body. You were made for a reason. He put you here in this time for a purpose. He has already decided how long you will live. Our lives are in His hands, and they always have been. (Psalms 139:16)

Even though we are being bombarded daily..almost by the minute, of making it "all about me", that is not what it is all about. If you spend your time focusing on YOU, and how YOU can make things better for YOU... YOU are missing all that life has to offer! You are missing God's whole plan for the universe. You do not have the capability to know what is best, without asking God's input. He created you, He knows what is best for you. He knows what you are designed for.

It is almost enough to make me laugh out loud now at how much I thought I was making ME happy, by doing what I wanted. I got stuck in a cycle about 10 or 12 years ago, of being very ME centered. The whole thing of " I'm not happy". I need to do what I need to do to make ME happy. Let me tell you right now that the things I choose to do were stupid, and brought no true happiness to my life. They brought me momentary good feelings, that almost destroyed my life as I know it. I got so sucked into doing what made ME feel good, that became my focus. I pretty much acted like God did not even exist. It was "all about me". The thing that is most upsetting to me now, is that I kept being like this, and yet never finding happiness. I became so conditioned by society to focus on myself... I just kept right on trying to find my happiness. The thing that I had no idea of was that my happiness wasn't dependent upon me. What brings true happiness and peace to your life is a life that is pleasing to God. When I switched gears...after allowing myself to sink to despair (from all of this great happiness I was bringing myself), when I changed focus and put ME on the back burner for awhile~ amazingly I started feeling totally different. The more I did it, the better I felt. I started asking God to guide me, to show me, to comfort me. All the feelings I had so strongly desired to bring myself, God brought to me.

Focus on what is truly most important in life and your life will be forever changed. I can give you a hint, these things will not be things. They will not be status. They will not be on a social ladder or an economical ladder. They will not be something you can purchase. These things will be given to you freely and abundantly. All you have to do is receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment