Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Integrity

On to a new Beth Moore study.... man, has that lady been anointed by God or what!?!?!?!?

We are having a study on the book of Daniel. It is very good! This week was our second, and I could have sat through several more sessions tonight alone.

One of the things we are discussing is how there is a parallel between Babylon then (greedy, self-centered, materialistic...), and our world today (greedy, self-centered, materialistic...). I know I have said before how it freaks me out how much it is all the same now as it was then. BUT.... it does!! This is the same thing over again. I loved tonight when she explained the dream of Nebuchadnezzar. She talked about in the dream of the head of the statue being gold, the arms and chest being silver, the stomach and thighs being bronze, the legs being iron, and the feet being baked clay. This dream was a prophecy and Daniel explained it to the King. Each body area mentioned represented a world empire yet (at that time) to come and how they would rule.

These prophecies were also spoke of in the book of Isaiah and they were all fulfilled, ending with the Roman Empire in 63 B.C. to A.D. 476

What was so awesome about Beth explaining this, was that she made us aware of the fact that each item of raw material was worth less and less as it moved down the body...but, each item was stronger as it moved down the body. Beth is saying this, and I am like "yeah...okay, so?" Well, then she says that this is just like our culture today. We give up value to gain what we think is strength or to be in a stronger position. You allow your own beliefs to become irrelevant to gain popularity or position.

"We will live lives of integrity on purpose, or we will not do it all." Beth Moore

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:23

    I love Beth Moore and I agree with you, every time I hear her speak I can't believe how annointed by God she is. She is the Real Deal... I have been to see her in Indy and had a Bible study at church using her DVD's. She can explain the Old Testament in a way that makes me want to read it, I would usually stay away from it because it was hard to understand. Your excitement for Christ reminds me of Beth Moore.
    Love
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what an awesome compliment!

    ReplyDelete