Wednesday, January 16, 2008

some thoughts...

After reading the devotional below, well.... it gave me much to think about. One thing that is heavy on mind right now is a friend of mine that has been going through some pretty big test. Sometimes I sit and wonder why it is happening. I wonder how she can endure it. I try to figure out what it is that is going to be made good by this. In other words, I completely forget that fact that God's hand is in it. I forget that these times can be, and many times are used to make us what our destiny... through God's eyes... is to be. Though it isn't easy to endure, she is doing it by the grace of God, by relying on God. I on the other hand, find myself running from it.

The world today is so caught up in self serving happenings, that we have forgotten~ or perhaps chose to ignore what our purpose here is. I can't even begin to cover all of that. I do know however that it is not to run from the bad, or to cower like a scared puppy. Part of our purpose to to stand up to the challenge. Face the test, and take God along with you. The bible tells us that all things are possible with God. He cannot do a whole lot though, if we aren't asking Him or allowing Him to do so. God has a plan, a purpose, a reason for me, for my life. It is up to me to take full advantage of that plan, purpose, and reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment