Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.

"The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing."

I read that today, written by Joyce Myers, and couldn't agree more! Sometimes it is so hard to keep our priorities in order. Society constantly is badgering us to keep up with the Jones', in reality all we have to do is seek His kingdom, and all else will be given to us.

Matthew 6:33"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

We are so busy trying to keep up to par with everyone else, that we forget the fact that God has promised us to take care of everything if we seek Him first. I am so amazed how my life is flowing without me doing anything other than what I am supposed to be doing according to the Word. I think about how when I was trying to make my life great, to be happy, to keep up... I was self serving, and it never brought me the satisfaction that was promised. NOW, I try to seek self last (key word, TRY) and seek God's kingdom first... and TA-DA .... my life is going along just marvelous! It is funny too how quickly God will remind me of that when I begin to go astray.

I am not saying that I don't have any trials, or nothing bad happens. That is not the case at all. However, when these things happen, I don't fall apart and get freaked out. I know that everything does have a purpose, and my life is not going to abruptly stop if an issue arises. I still have my inner joy, I don't crumble.... I pray to the one who has promised to care for me, comfort me, and never abandon me.

See Psalms 37:4

No comments:

Post a Comment