Monday, April 21, 2008

the weekend whizzed by!

Hello! This weekend has been action packed! Can it truly be Monday morning already??

God blessed me this weekend with not only being able to spend time with my mom and sisters and extended family... but to also give support for cancer research by particpating in the "Walk for Cure" activities on Saturday. Though it was fairly cold and raining, many were there proudly honoring and lifting loved ones affected by this disease.

We all walked in memory and honor of my grandma, Virginia Mattingly. Grandma went to be with the Lord 23 years ago this June. I feel sad that I did not have an opportunity to know her as an adult, but am thankful that I do have many memories of her throughout my life. Some are hilarious and some are sad. I am blessed with all of them and that her life can live on through me. Thanks Grandma !

I also helped to sponsor a friend to go on the Emmaus walk this weekend, so things were pretty busy with that as well. God is amazing how He works everything out! How uplifting to spend the closing ceremony with so many awesome fellow believers! We heard testimony after testimony of how God performed his awesomeness in their lives. It was a great weekend indeed! I am off to work for two days, then headed to Camp Indi-Co-So to work my first Emmaus! If I don't talk to anyone before that, will be back next Sunday night. xoxo Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment